Geospatial Technologist (Full Time, Permanent)
Posting Date: November 25, 2011
Salary: Under Review -- Currently Level 5 Range ($48,311.71 - $57,973.16 annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (PST): January 18, 2012
Reporting to the Land and Resources Manager, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of TH programs, Acts, policies, and procedures as they pertain to lands and resources management. The incumbent is responsible for managing TH's geographical information system and for producing mapping products for the Land and Resources Branch and other TH departments.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide:
• Degree in GIS, Cartography and/or Geography or the equivalent in training and experience which would include a related Diploma and a minimum of five years comparable work experience;
• Experience maintaining and using spatial data for cartography, analysis, and decision-making;
• Knowledge of and experience using GIS, GPS, and graphics software;
• Familiarity with territorial and national geospatial datasets;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to manage stress effectively;
• Work effectively in a team environment as a team player;
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written;
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Good working knowledge of Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in social structure, culture and traditional knowledge;
• Familiarity with mapping needs in a First Nation context considered an asset;
• Experience with database design and software considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all TH personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal;
• Able to work flexible hours if needed;
• Valid class 5 driver's license;
• Standard 1st Aid or willingness to obtain, and willingness to take advanced first aid;
• Personal Marine Craft Operators license or willingness to obtain.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
"Open to the Public"
For more information, contact Human Resources
Phone: (867) 993-7112 Fax: (867) 993-6553 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
"To work together, to speak with one voice and to serve Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Citizens in the pursuit of a strong, healthy, and united future."
Location: Dawson City, YUKON
Compensation: Under Review -- Currently Level 5 Range ($48,311.71 - $57,973.16 annually)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.